HOW DO I SET UP MY BRIZA – MIX07?
- Flip the Briza upside down and remove the screws and water tank base.
- The screws around the edges of the water tank base may be difficult to unscrew the first time around due to movement during shipping. Pliers may be needed to loosen them.
- Lift the water tank base, remove the plate-sized plastic piece and discard.
- Note: Occasionally during shipping, the filtration pump parts can become loose or fall off. Please make sure the filtration pump parts are all securely in place before operating. Replace water tank base and screws.
- Remove back panel.
- Add water. 8L / 2.2 Gallons. The max water line is in a little window at the bottom of the front of the Briza.
- Replace back panel, plug into power, and start!
HOW MUCH WATER DOES THE BRIZA TAKE?
The BRIZA MIK-07 has an 8L water tank capacity. The BRIZA MIK-25 holds 23L.
HOW MANY SQUARE FEET WILL THE BRIZA COVER?
The BRIZA MIX-07 covers 129 sq feet. The BRIZA MIX-25 covers 246 sq feet.
HOW DO I REMOVE/REPLACE THE FILTERS?
Remove the side panels. Lift the elastic band covering the filters. Place your finger on the top of the filter and pull down. The filter will slide out. Repeat with remaining filters. Replace the elastic.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I REPLACE MY FILTERS?
You should replace your filters only as needed, about every 6-12 months. If you begin to notice a smell, or if your filters look like they are beginning to mold, it means they need to be cleaned or replaced if the damage is severe.
HOW DO I CLEAN MY BRIZA?
The Briza should be cleaned once every 2 weeks with lukewarm water and a mild detergent or lukewarm water and vinegar to avoid dust, dirt, and calcium build-up. If you are using the Briza in a garage or basement where there is more dust, then cleaning should be increased to weekly. It is best to run the fan for 30 minutes after cleaning and after each use.
When you have finished using your Briza for the season, simply wipe it clean, drain the water tank, clean the filters and operate the fan-only function for 30 to 45 minutes to completely dry the device before storing.
MY BRIZA IS LEAKING. WHY IS THAT?
The most common cause of leakage occurs when the clear piece of plastic in the water tank base has not been removed prior to initial set up.
Other causes may include:
- Overfilling – when too much water is added into the tank.
- Clogged holes – this may occur if you live in an area with hard water and you are not using distilled water. They can also become plugged during shipping, from filter debris.
- Pump issues – make sure the water pump is intact prior to set up. If your Briza is spitting water from the fan, you may have a pump malfunction.
WHY IS THERE A CLICKING NOISE?
Be sure to double check that the vents are locked tightly in place. Occasionally during shipping, they will dislodge, and therefore make noise when the swing action is on. They simply need to be adjusted until they click back into place. In addition, if the filtration pump parts have become loose or have fallen off during shipping, please make sure that they fit securely onto the pump before operating.
I CAN’T OPEN THE WATER PANEL?
During shipping the panels slide around and lock the back panel in place. To loosen it, stand in front of your Briza and ‘hug’ it from the front. From this position, you should be able to grab the backs of the Black/ Grey Panels on the sides, and pull them toward you, and away from the back panel. This should loosen the back panel enough for you to open it. Pull up on the moon-shaped piece sticking out by the power cord, and pull out. The panel should pull out. This process will get easier each time it is done, as the panel gets worn in. To put the panels BACK ON, line up the arrows on the side of the Briza, and slide into place. Put the back panel on last.
WHAT ARE THE FILTERS MADE OF?
The Briza filters are made from natural wood fibers.
WHY IS THERE A SMELL?
There may be a slight scent the first time you run your Briza. This is caused by water passing through the filters, which are made from natural wood fibers. This will go away quickly after your first use.
IS THERE A WARRANTY?
Your Briza comes with a 30 day buy back guarantee. If you purchased your device online, you have a two year replacement warranty on your Briza. If you purchased it at a trade show or exhibition, your Briza comes with a one year warranty, however you can extend it by registering your device on our website. Click here to register.